Postcards inspired by The Sistine Chapel and St.Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican. My wife and I spent hours admiring the imagination, beauty and intricacy of Michelangelo’s brilliant work.
These are merely pale imitations of Michelangelo’s masterpieces as seen by my eyes and put down by my hand, just like the moonlight is a pale reflection of the brilliant light of the Sun.
And so here they are, captured in postcard form in my style/interpretation:
- The Pieta, the famous sculpture of Mary with Jesus, from St Peters Basilica
- A view of the St Peters Square in the Vatican
- Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden with the Snake and the Apple, from the Sistine Chapel
- The birth of Adam, from the Sistine Chapel
- The separation of Land and Sea, from the Sistine Chapel
- The creation of the Sun and the Moon, from the Sistine Chapel
- The separation of Light from Darkness, from the Sistine Chapel